ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, GOD’S PLAN FOR OUR FAMILY
Restoring the family back to the status we had with God, our Father, before the fall of Adam/man/soul.
Seek out wisdom, understanding, knowledge and power/ability to function in the area you believe God is directing you in.
Genesis 1:28 *
28. And God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it [using all its vast resources in the service of God and man]; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves upon the earth.
I. THE ABSOLUTELY MOST IMPORTANT
A. Developing a relationship with God by reading the Word of God, the Bible, praying and spending quiet time in His presence so that you can develop an ear to hear His voice and His Holy Spirit can work deep within you.
John 10:27 *
27. The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me.
Daniel 6:10 *
10. Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house, and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he got down upon his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.
B. Developing a dialogue with Him through commitment, devotion and an abandonment of self: the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out].
Revelation 3:19-20 *
19. Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].
20. Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
I John 2:15-17 *
15. Do not love or cherish the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]—these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself].
17. And the world passes away and disappears, and with it the forbidden cravings (passionate desires, the lust) of it; but he who does the will of God and carries out His purposes in his life abides (remains) forever.
C. Developing a willing obedience to the revealed will of God through His scriptures, the Bible.
Isaiah 1: 19 *
19. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;
Joshua 1:8 *
8. This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.
D. Seeking God in prayer to know His plan for your life.
Matthew 6:33 *
33. But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right) and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.
II. DEVELOPING A PLAN.
A. Recognizing that God has a plan for you.
Romans 8:28-32 *
28. We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.
29. For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren.
30. And those whom He thus foreordained, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified (acquitted, mad righteous, putting them into right standing with Himself). And those whom He justified, He also glorified [raising them to a heavenly dignity and condition or state of being].
31. What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]
32. He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give u s all [other] things?
B. Recognizing that God has a plan for your own life and asking Him to reveal it to you.
I Corinthians 2:7-10 *
7. But rather what we are setting forth is a wisdom of God once hidden [from the human understanding] and now revealed to us by God—[That wisdom] which God devised and decreed before the ages for our glorification [to lift us into the glory of His presence].
8. None of the rulers of this age or world perceived and recognized and understood this, for if they had, they would never have crucified the Lord of glory.
9. But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed].
10. Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the divine counsels and things hidden and beyond mans’ scrutiny].
C. Develop a step-by-step plan according to God’s will before the throne of God and carry it out as the Spirit of God leads you.
Romans 8:14 *
14. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.